At Countryside Cancer Center (CCC), we offer the most advanced radiation therapy services in Pinellas County in a comfortable and compassionate environment. The center features a Varian linear accelerator capable of delivering Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image-Guided radiation Therapy (IGRT).
IMRT represents the biggest advance in radiation delivery. It enables our physicians to reduce side effects by sculpting the radiation field around the tumor while sparing surrounding normal tissues. IGRT is the latest advance in radiation delivery and is a technology that has been available at CCC since 2007. It allows us to take diagnostic quality x-rays prior to each treatment and adjust patient position as needed, thus improving our precision and reducing patient side effects.
Pinellas Radiation Oncology Associates (PROA) is the largest Radiation Oncology group in Pinellas County with 4 physicians board certified by the American Board of Radiology. Our physicians are extremely well trained and have experience in utilizing all of the latest techniques that would be available at large University centers. Our physicians collaborate with the staff at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer center and other regional and national cancer institutes.
Our services include:
- 3-Dimesional Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intracranial and Extracranial Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery
- CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery
- Prostate Seed Implantation
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for Gynecological Cancers
- High Dose Rate Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- MammoSite®, ClearPath®, or SenoRx®
- SirSphere® or TheraSphere® for Liver cancer